LEGAL NOTICE AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF “AIE”
1. Purpose and information about the holder.
AIE is a management entity of intellectual property rights duly accredited by the Ministry of Culture, under an Order of the Minister of Culture of 18 July 1989 (published in the BOE on 19 July 1989) in which it was established in the then current Article 132 of Law 22/1987, of 11 December, of Intellectual Property (now Article 147 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1996 of 12 April, by which it is approved the revised text of the Intellectual Property Law).
In accordance with Article 4 of its By-Laws, the main purpose of AIE is the management of intellectual property rights of performers or corresponding musical performers both original owners and derivatives.
You can contact AIE by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Description of the Service.
Access to the Website is free except for the cost of the connection through the telecommunications network provided by the service provider contracted by the User. Certain services are exclusively for associates of AIE and the access is restricted.
The Website is for informational purposes only, through which the User can, in the case of having an associate status, access to the AIE’s platform socalled Streamrights (hereinafter, “Streamrights”), a private area in which corporate and personal information can be accessed as well as communicate with the entity (hereinafter the “Service“).
2.2 Registration and access.
Upon completion of the registration process as a member of AIE, the User will receive access credentials to Streamrights. The User may enter into his/her Account by clicking on the “My Account” button included in the website www.aie.es.
Completed the registration process, the User will receive a confirmation message in the email account provided. Thereafter, access to the account will be granted to fully enjoy the Service. To access the Account, it should only click on the “My Account” button and indicate the email address and chosen password.
Furthermore, the User may also enter directly into Streamrights through the URL: streamrights.aie.es. For that purpose, the User should use his/her access credentials.
Once registration is completed and logged into Streamrights, the User can use it for the following functions:
Consultation of private information:
- “Claims”: Users can view the list of claims made indicating the records, performances, television shows or any other acted event that has been recorded and if it has been done as an interpreter or performer. Additionally, the User has the possibility of making further claims indicating these two aspects.
- “Distributions”: Users can view and download a copy of a document with a summary of the settlements obtained annually by AIE. This document specifies the amounts received in each distribution and the right in which such allocation is based.
- “Provisional Distribution”: the User has access to a form through which a provisional distribution can be requested, on account of the amounts that would be entitled to receive in future distributions.
- “Account”: the User can access the personal data provided during the registration process and update them.
- “Documentation”: the User can both inquire about generic documentation of the entity as well as personal documents. For example, the tax deduction certificate or the membership certificate, among other documents.
- “Contact Us”: Users can contact AIE to ask questions, make complaints, suggestions, acknowledgments or any other kind of communication.
3. User Obligations.
The User agrees to comply with the following obligations:
Provide current, accurate and truthful information as well as report changes that may
- occur in the personal data provided.
- Safeguard passwords to the Website diligently, and not give or allow them to third parties.
- Refrain from any action that could be considered a violation of rights of industrial and intellectual property belonging to AIE or to third parties.
- Refrain from entering on the Website any software that could cause damage or alterations in the operation.
- Refrain from using the Website and, in particular, information of any kind obtained through it to send advertising, communications for direct marketing purposes or any other commercial purpose.
- Refrain from carrying out any conduct that may be harmful to the interests of AIE or that is contrary to the law, morals or public order.
Access to the Website and the risks arising from its usage are the sole responsibility of the User. AIE does not guarantee the continued availability of the Website, its safety or the absence of viruses or defects.
In accordance with Article 17 of the Law 34/2002 of 11 July, of services of information society and electronic commerce; AIE is not liable for the contents included in the websites provided via links or know their conditions of use, so the access the User gets is under his/her sole responsibility. The inclusion of such links cannot be understood as a suggestion, recommendation or endorsement of the linked websites, nor does it imply any relationship between AIE and the holders of such websites.
If a User considers that any of the contents included on the Website or links are inadequate or contrary to the rights or interests of others, can be notified to AIE through the email address email@example.com
All personal data that Users provide through the Website are included in a file owned by AIE, which has the status of the File Manager in accordance with the Law 15/1999, of 13 December on Personal Data Protection. This file is duly registered in the General Data Protection Registry. The personal data provided by the User will be used exclusively to carry out the functions of the Service already described. Only the strictly necessary data is requested, as AIE bases its treatment actions on the principle of data quality and the principles of privacy by design and privacy by default. Thus, the User’s personal data is not used for any other purposes than those listed, or are handed in to third parties to use them for other than those established in the own purposes of the General Conditions of Use.
In order to ensure the security and confidentiality of the User´s personal data, AIE has designed computer processes and put in place technical and organizational measures that minimize the risk of alteration, loss or unauthorized access by third parties, in accordance with the Royal Decree 1720/2007.
It is possible that for the effective fulfilment of the described purposes in the previous paragraph, AIE must allow the access of User’s personal data to third parties, who will have the status of processors. AIE ensures that these third parties will not deal with the personal data for their own or any other purposes than the specified in these Terms and Conditions, and they will continue in any case the instructions sent by AIE. These third parties will not disclose the User’s personal data under any circumstances.
The User can exercise his/her rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by sending a communication accompanied by a copy of an identity document to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Intellectual property.
All domain names, trademarks, service marks and logos appearing on the Website are owned by AIE or third parties and may not be exploited without the express written consent of its owner.
Furthermore, all content, among which includes as an example the texts, videos, graphics, computer graphics, images, databases or look & feel of the Website are the exclusive property of AIE or third parties, so no User is authorized to perform any act of exploitation over them.
The use of the Website or its registration in no way implies a transfer of intellectual rights to the User over the assets of AIE or third parties present on the Website. There are expressly prohibited acts of reproduction, distribution, transformation, public communication, disposition or otherwise exploitation of such assets.
7. Legislation and jurisdiction.
The parties agree to submit to the corresponding Courts and Tribunals with jurisdiction.